Theme Support

Learning English is Easy


We Use The Conditional Type 1 To Express Events Which Can Occur In The Present Or The Future. It’s Very Likely That The Condition Will Be True.
it’s form is:

If+Subject + verb(simple present) + subject + Will+ Verb

The sentence is composed of two parts: Conditional clause & Main clause.
the conditional clause is formed byIF+Present Simple, and the main clause is formed by Simple future (will+infinitive).

Examples:

If I work hard, I will pass the test.
If it’s cold, I will wear lot of clothes.
If the teacher meet your father, he will tell him what you did.
If you don’t wake up early, you will miss the course.

We Use The Conditional Type 2 When We Want Talk About Event That Are Not True: Events That Couldn’t Happen In The Present Or The Future.

It’s Form Is::


If + Subject + Verb(simple past) ,+ Subject + Would + verb

The sentence is composed of two parts: Conditional clause & Main clause.
the conditional clause is formed byIF+Simple past, and the main clause is formed by WOULD+INFINITIVE.


It’s not obligatory that the conditional clause be the first, the main clause can be the first, in this case no need to the comma wich separate the two clauses.

Examples:

If I worked hard, I would pass the test.
If you woke up early, you would not miss the train.
He would be happy if he accepted my gift.
If I had wings, I would fly high in the sky.

we use the conditional type 3 to express regret or to talk about events and actions in the past that are impossible.

it’s form is:

If + Subject + Verb(past perfect) + Subject + Would + have + Past participle
 

The sentence is composed of two parts: Conditional clause & Main clause.
the conditional clause is formed by IF+Past perfect, and the main clause is formed byWOULD+HAVE+PAST PARTICIPLE.


It’s not obligatory that the conditional clause be the first, the main clause can be the first, in this case no need to the comma which separates the two clauses.

Examples:

If I had worked hard, I would have passed the test.
If you hadn’t woke up early, you would have missed the train.
If I had not drove carefully, an accident would have happen.
If I had won the price, I would have been rich.
The passive voice refers to a sentence in which the subject receives the action. Its form is:

 

To be Past participle

for example:

Active voicePassive voice
Tom steal the car.The car is stolen by Tom.
 

 

There are some changes that we have to do when we form the passive voice, like “Tenses Changes” that we will explain in this table:

 Active voicePassive voice
Simple Present

Past Perfect

“Must / Should…”

John write a letter.

Marc had visited Manchester.

You must do your homework!

a letter is written by John.

Manchester had been visited by Marc.

Your homework must be done. (by you)

NB:  The verb “To be” is always conjugated to the same tense as the verb in the active voice. for example:

Active voicePassive voice
Marc had visitedManchester.

The tense is: Past perfect.

Manchester had been visited by Marc.

The tense is: Past perfect.

We use the reported speech to say what someone has already said, for example: Jane said that he was tired.

But when we change a speech to a reported speech we must do some changes in the verbs and pronouns. You find explanations about these changes in the table below:

Direct SpeechReported speech
  1. Simple Present

  2. Present Continuous

  3. Present Perfect

  4. Future (going to)

  5. Past Simple

  6. Past Continuous

  7. Past Perfect

  8. Past Perfect Continuous

  1. Simple Past

  2. Past Continuous

  3. Past Perfect

  4. Past (going to)

  5. Past Perfect

  6. Past Perfect Continuous

  7. No Change

  8. No Change

Rules of using Modal Verbs :

Direct SpeechReported Speech

will

shall

can

must

would

should

could

have to

Changes in the time:

Direct SpeechIndirect Speech
  • Last
  • Next
  • Tomorrow
  • Now
  • Here
  • The previous
  • The following
  • The following day
  • Then
  • There
  •  
Examples of reported speech

 

Direct SpeechReported speech
  • He said:”I am tired”.

  • I said:”I am reading the book”.

  • You said:”I had already visited London”.

  • “I am going to travel”said Maria.

  • We said:”we visited Beijing”

  • He said that He was tired.

  • I said that I was reading the book.

  • You said that you had already visited London.

  • Maria said that she was going to travel

  • We said that we had visited Beijing.

Modal Verbs

Direct SpeechReported Speech
  • He said: “I will sleep early”.

  • I asked: “what shall we eat for dinner?”.

  • The teacher said to Tony:”you must work hard”.

  • He said that he would sleep early.

  • I asked what we should eat for dinner.

  • The teacher said to Tony that he has to work hard

Expressions of the time

Direct SpeechIndirect Speech
  • I said:”I am 25 last year”.

  • We said:”we have exam next month”.

  • You said: “I work here”.

  • I said that I was 25 the previous year

  • We said that we had exam the following month.

  • You said that you worked there

okok

Namaskar Dosto, mera naam Ravi jaswal hai. Dosto ye website blog Jiska Naam everyjobnews hai aap sab logo ki help ke liye Banai hui hai. yaha par aap ko har field ki job ke baare mein update karta rahunga. Agar aapko kisi bhi job ka form fill karne mein Koi dikkat aati hai toh Dosto aap mujhse contact kar sakte hain.main aap ki puri help karne ki koshish karunga. Thank you

1 comments:

  1. its good and well defined article. i have learned something this time.

    keep it up admin

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright @ 2013 Every Job News.

Designed by Templateiy & CollegeTalks