Test paper....1)
Keep in mind...
a)correct use of prepositions
b)some sentences may be about correct use of articles (I.e.,a,an,the).
1)........I was walking along minto street I saw some lovely items in a shop window.
A. When
B. As
C. While
D. As soon
Ans..c
2) The medicine produced no........
A. Effect
B. Affect
C. Impact
D. Influence
Ans..A
Explanation....Effect as noun means result.which is best suitable here.'affect'is not used as noun.
3) The robbers broke..........the house midnight.
A. In
B. Into
C. At
D. To
Ans..B
4) This matter is irrelevant......the topic for discussion.
A. At
B. About
C. Over
D. To
ANS..D
EXPLANATION- The word relevant is always followed by preposition 'to'
5) If i........learned I should have been respected.
A. Was
B. Were
C. Would be
D. Will be
Ans..B
Explanation- in a conditional* sentence even a singular subject may b followed by a plural verb.the use of 'were' with 'I' is correct here.
6)we had to put up with much ill treatment........... his hands.
A. With
B. By
C. At
D. into
Ans. c
7) They came here without....
A. Any one knowing
B. Any knowing
C. Knowing anyone
D. Any one's knowing
Ans..D
Explanation.. The noun or pronoun governing a Gerund* should be put in possessive case.Hence 'anyone's knowing' is correct.
8)it is no use.........so.
A. you saying
B. You to say
C. Your saying
D. For you to say
Ans..c
Explanation.. Same as in answer no.7
9) I have no other object.......to study.
A. But
B. From
C. Except
D. Than
Ans..D
Explanation.. Other is followed by than.
10) You can not prevent........
A. Me help her
B. My helping her
C. Me from helping her
D. Me helping her
Ans.C
Explanation- prevent is always followed by 'from'.
0 comments:
Post a Comment